With the Workday connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with Workday® HR and Financials to:
- Download custom reports from Workday
- Import budget data into Workday
- Launch a Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) integration
To set up the connection, you'll need:
- The Workday tenant to connect to
- The host and domain of the Workday environment to connect to
- The authentication credentials of an integration system user created in Workday
Note: The system user should belong to the Integration Developers security group with access to the Workday REST API and additional permissions for the functional groups and domains related to the tasks the connection will perform.
To determine the tenant, host, and domain, check its Web Services Definition Language (WSDL) URL of the Workday environment to connect to:
- From the Workday dashboard, search for "Public Web Services" to view the available web services.
- From the Integrations endpoint, select View WSDL.
- Identify the tenant, host, and domain in the WSDL URL, which follows the format of
Using the format above, we can find the tenant, host, and domain from a sample WSDL URL:
You'll need to insert these values when setting up your connector, as shown in the next step.
Set up the Workday connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Workday Connector and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Property Details User name Enter the username of the Workday integration system user. Password Enter the password for the User name property. Tenant Enter the Workday tenant to connect to. Host Enter the host of the Workday environment to connect to. In the environment's URL, the characters before the Domain property represent the host. Domain Enter the domain of the Workday environment to connect to, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the Workday connector's Download Custom Report command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Workday fails:
- Verify the integration system user's authentication credentials are correct.
- Verify the integration system user has proper permissions to access the functional groups and domains related to the connection's commands.
- Verify the correct Workday tenant, host, and domain are entered for the connector.