When you send a presentation for review, your reviewer receives an email and a link to a read-only version of your file, allowing them to add comments without altering your original file. Only a Presentation owner can send a presentation for review.
Send for review
To send a presentation for review:
- From the Review toolbar, click Review and select Create a review from the menu.
You can also see all previous revisions clicking All Reviews to open the Reviews panel. Or hover over a revision in the History panel, click on the drop-down menu and select Send for Review .
- Select to send the entire document or just selected sections. If you want to send particular sections, select them from the list. Use the Expand and Collapse buttons to open and close sections.
- Select Include attachments if you want to have attachments added to the review.
- Select which comment threads to include.
Comment option Description Do not include comment threads This option will not include any comment threads left on the original file or past reviews. Include all comment threads This option pulls any comment left on the original presentation and on any past reviews. Comments from unselected reviews might appear if you opt to send all comments when creating the selected review. Include comment threads from past reviews This option only includes comments from the selected past reviews. Comments from unselected reviews may appear if they were included in another review. Exclude comments added to the review from the live version of the file This option can be marked in addition to one of the other selected comment options above. Any comments left on the review that is being sent will not be added to the live version of the presentation.
- Under Details, add a title for the review. This title appears in the Reviews panel after you send your request to help you keep track of the review process.
- Add reviewers from your workspace. You can add individual reviewers or groups.
- Add content for an email notification, including a subject and content. This content can be used to ask reviewers for specific feedback or set a review deadline.
- Click Send to send your request.
Once you request a review, information about the request appears in the Reviews panel. To access the panel, click the icon in the right panel. When you select a review, you can see when the request was sent and who it was sent to.
Clicking the Open Review icon for a presentation opens the view-only document in a new tab. If your reviewer has left comments, you can view them here.
The comment icon in the outline panel shows the number of comments in each section. Open the Comments panel to the right of your document to view a comment.
You can also edit or delete a review using the drop-down options next to a review’s title in the Reviews panel. To add more reviewers or change the name of a review, click Edit from the menu.
To delete a request, select Delete from the menu. Deleting a review automatically deletes the read-only document.
Review a presentation
If you receive a request to perform a review, you’ll be taken to a read-only version of the presentation. To start your review, click Go To Review in the request email.
From here, you can add comments to the Presentation. To add a comment:
- Highlight a section of text.
- Select the Add Comment option.
- Type your comment and click Post.
Comments automatically appear in the requester’s version of the document. You can view all of your comments in the Comments panel. You can also add new comments and navigate between existing comments from this panel.
Export from the viewer
The viewer also allows you to:
- Export the file or section to PDF or PowerPoint
- Print a copy of the file
- Use Find to search for specific words or phrases
- Present the review content
- Select Show Markup to view markup that was applied to the presentation