There are a couple of ways to view tasks:
- View a list of all your tasks across files under the Tasks tab in Home
- See all of your tasks assigned within a specific file in the Tasks panel on the right
View a task in a file
To view a task in a file:
- With the file open, click the Tasks icon in the right panel to see a list of tasks assigned in the file.
- Click on a task to view its details.
You can easily manage your view of this list by using the Sort and Filter options.
Use the Sort function to organize your tasks by their title, due date, assignment, or last modification.
The Filter function changes the view of which tasks you see in the Task panel. This option allows you to:
- Select all tasks, tasks assigned to you, tasks created by you, or tasks needing your approval
- View tasks by Status: To do, Done, or Any
- Filter the Scope by document or section
Go to a task
You can move to a specific task in the file from the Task panel:
- Click the Task icon to open the Tasks panel.
- Hover over the task you want to open.
- Click the Go to task icon.
Complete a task
When you’ve finished a task, you can mark it as complete. If an approver was assigned to the task, it will automatically be sent to them for approval.
To complete a task:
- With the file open, click the Task icon to open the Tasks panel.
- Select the task you have completed in the file.
- If the task requires approval, click Submit. If the task doesn't require approval, click Complete.
For tasks with multiple assignees, an email will be sent to the group to inform everyone that someone has completed the task. When the task is completed, if no approval is required, the task creator will receive an email notification. If there's an approver for the task, it will be added to their list of tasks requiring approval.
You can also mark a task as complete from the Tasks list in Home. Select the task to see its details within the file and mark it as complete.
When the task is completed, if no approval is required, the task creator will receive an email notification. If there's an approver for the task, it will be added to their list of tasks requiring approval.
Restart a task
To restart a task in the Workiva document editor:
- Click on the task in the Tasks panel to view the details.
- Click Restart.
The task is resent to the original assignee.