Document Health tracks data or performance issues by analyzing your current spreadsheet.
View Document Health
To view any detected issues in your spreadsheet, click the Document Health icon in the left panel or in the File toolbar. Opening the panel automatically runs a Document Health check.
If your spreadsheet contains errors, a number appears next to the type of issue. Click Continue to view which sections have issues.
Clicking a section title gives you a detailed list of the issues found in that section.
Document Health Summary
Document Health checks for issues in the following categories:
- Limit Issues: Whether the spreadsheet is approaching the link limit or using over 75% of the available cells
- Formulas: Formula warnings and references to improperly formatted cells
- Linking: Broken text links or broken linked cells
- Data Precision: Checks for data precision settings
- Data Validation: Invalid entries in cells containing data validation rules
- Content: Reviews text entries for issues, such as truncated cells
- Image: Missing or broken images
Correct a Spreadsheet Issue
To correct an issue in your spreadsheet:
- From the Section Issues list, click a section name.
- Click the arrow next to the issue you category you want to view.
- Click the arrow next to the error message.
- Hover over an individual issue and click Go to Issue to view that error in your spreadsheet.