Multiple people can use the same view, such as to visualize the results of its connected query for their own needs. To provide appropriate access to a view and its data, the view's Owner can assign permissions to each collaborator:
- Viewers can access the view, but not its underlying format and layout. They can refresh the view, update its parameters, export and explore its data, and save a copy as a new view.
- Editors can—in addition to Viewer access—update the format of the view and its data, such as to design a pivot table or set conditional formatting.
- Owners have full access to the view. In addition to the Editor access, Owners can edit the view's name and description, assign permissions to its collaborators, and delete it if necessary.
Note: To create a view, the collaborator needs at least Viewer access to the query with the results to visualize.
All collaborators need permission to access the view. If you're an Owner of the workspace or view, you can click Permissions in the view to manage its permissions.
For each collaborator, you can view whether they're an Owner, Editor, or Viewer.
- To view only collaborators with specific permissions, click Filters , and select whether to view Owners, Editors, or Viewers.
- To find a specific person, such as to add them as a collaborator, search for them by name.
To remove permission from a collaborator, hover over their name, and click Remove .