To help organize your data, you can create and manage a hierarchy of folders to store tables, queries, and views from Wdata Home .
Access a folder or item
From Wdata Home, you can access tables, queries, and views you have permissions for:
- For every folder and item in your workspace, select All.
- For recently-viewed tables, queries, and views, select Recent.
- For a specific type of item, select Tables, Queries, or Views.
To view an item in its folder, hover over its row in Home, and click Go to source .
To open a folder or item from Home, double-click its name.
- When you open a folder, it expands so you can browse its items.
- When you open an item, its own tab opens in Wdata.
To open multiple folders or items at once, select them in Home and click Open .
Create a folder
- From Wdata Home, click Create .
- To help identify the folder and its data, enter its name.
- Select the folder to save the new folder in. To create a parent folder, select No Folder Selected.
- Click Create.
Move a folder or item
To move a folder or item to another folder or the root of Wdata Home:
- From Wdata Home, select the items to move.
- Click Move , or select Move from the item's menu.
- Select where to move the selected items to.
- Click Move.
Rename a folder or item
To help clarify the data or intent of a folder or item, you can change its name. From Wdata Home, hover on the folder or item, select Rename from its menu, and enter its new name.
Delete a folder or item
To remove an folder or item from your workspace:
- From Wdata Home, select the items to remove.
- Click Delete , or select Delete from the item's menu.
- Enter DELETE, and click Delete.