Hyperlinks allow you to link to resources outside Workiva, navigate to different sections within a document, or link to another Workiva file.
Note: Viewers, as well as Owners and Editors, can click a cell to access the hyperlink popover and open the hyperlink's destination.
To create a hyperlink:
- Highlight the text where you'd like to insert a hyperlink and right-click the text. If you're creating a link in a table cell, double-click the cell and then highlight your text.
- Choose Insert Hyperlink from the menu.
- In the Display Text box, type or adjust the text you want to appear in the document.
- Add the link to an external URL, or select a section of the current document to link to. You can also link to another Workiva file by selecting Browse Wdesk.
Note: The SEC does not allow hyperlinks to external websites (such as a company's personal website). For filing documents, the hyperlink tool should only be used to navigate within the document itself.
- Click Create to insert the hyperlink.
Edit or remove hyperlinks
You can edit or remove an existing hyperlink by right-clicking the hyperlink and choosing an option from the Hyperlink menu. If you're editing a link in a table cell, double-click the cell and then right-click the link to access the Hyperlink menu.
You can also edit or remove a link from the hyperlink indicator. Click the link to view the hyperlink options.
Choosing Edit opens the Create Hyperlink window, where you can change the link's details.
Selecting Remove deletes only the hyperlink, turning the hyperlink into plain text.