Hyperlinks allow you to link to resources outside Workiva, navigate to different sections or bookmarks within a document, or link to another Workiva file.
Note: Viewers, as well as Owners and Editors, can access the hyperlink popover and open the hyperlink's destination.
To create a hyperlink:
- Highlight and right-click the text where you want to insert a hyperlink. If you're creating a link in a table cell, double-click the cell and then highlight your text.
- Select Insert Hyperlink from the menu.
- For the Display Text, enter or adjust the text you want to display for the hyperlink in the document.
- Add or select where the display text will link to using one of three options:
- Add a URL to link out.
- Choose a bookmark in the document to hyperlink to.
- Choose a section of the current document to link to.
- Select a Workiva file to link to. Once you select the file, you have the option to choose a specific section or bookmark to link to within that file. The file will open in a new tab in Workiva. If you choose a section, it will open to that section. If you choose a bookmark, it will open to that bookmark location.
- Click Create to insert the hyperlink.
Note: The SEC and other agencies don't allow hyperlinks to external websites (such as a company's personal website). For filing documents, the hyperlink tool should only be used to navigate within the document itself.
Edit or remove hyperlinks
To edit or remove an existing hyperlink, right-click the hyperlink and select an option from the Hyperlink menu. If you're editing a link in a table cell, double-click the cell and then right-click the link to access the Hyperlink menu.
You can also edit or remove a link from the hyperlink indicator. Click the link to view the hyperlink options.
- Click Edit to open the Create Hyperlink window, where you can change the link's details.
- Click Remove to delete only the hyperlink and turn the hyperlink display text into plain text.