This article is for:
The Taxonomy Analyzer lets you browse, select, and bookmark taxonomy concepts. You can also see how other companies used those concepts, and, if appropriate, reuse the concepts as they did.
Note: If you have pop-up blockers enabled on your internet browser, you will need to add app.wdesk.com to the list of allowed sites to use this feature.
Open the Taxonomy Analyzer
You can quickly open the XBRL Taxonomy Analyzer from the main Wdesk menu.
- Open the Workiva menu.
- Click XBRL Taxonomy Analyzer. The analyzer opens in a separate browser tab.
Use the Taxonomy Browser
You can also use the Taxonomy Analyzer to browse for concepts:
- Select your taxonomy from the dropdown menu at the top.
- Enter a taxonomy section name in the Filter Taxonomy Section search box.
A view of the concept in the hierarchical taxonomy tree appears.
- Expand or collapse the taxonomy tree to get to the concept you are looking for.
- View more information for a selected concept on the right.
- Copy or bookmark concepts using the icons that appear when hovering over the concept.
Search the Taxonomy
You can search for concepts you wish to use in the taxonomy analyzer.
- Select your taxonomy from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Choose Display Options to refine your search:
- Deprecated Indicators for deprecated concepts
- New Indicators for new concepts
- Labels or Identifiers changes how you see the name of the concpet
- Click the Search icon and enter a concept name or keyword in the Search for a concept box.
- Click the filter button to see your results based on Type, Period, Data Type and Section as well as Deprecated, Extensions, and New.
- Select a concept to look at details associated with that concept. The panel to the right shows additional information including Details, Presentations, Calculations, and References.
- Details covers the Properties and Additional Labels of the concept.
- Presentations shows all the presentation groups that a particular concept is included in. Concepts can be included in multiple places in the taxonomy, and this shows how the concept can be organized with other elements.
- Calculations shows how the concept can be organized into relationships where concepts are aggregated into totals.
- References lists authoritative resources for more information on a concept.
Bookmarks in the Taxonomy Analyzer
Concepts can be bookmarked or copied from either the Browse Taxonomy panel or the Search Taxonomy panel.
- Choose the Bookmark this concept icon on the far right for one or more concepts.
You can also bookmark concepts by clicking the icon next to a concept in the Browse or Search panes.
- To see all of your chosen bookmarks, click the vertical bookmark icon on the far left. Basic information about the concepts are displayed in the Bookmarked Concepts panel.
If you select a concept, you can get further details about the concept in the larger panel to the right.
Select and Apply a Concept
When you find the concept you want to use to tag the selected fact:
- Click the Copy Concept button next to the concept in the Taxonomy Analyzer.
- Click Paste copied concept in the Detail Tagging window or Concept Search panel.
Note: If you copy a concept from a taxonomy different than that of your document, the Taxonomy Analyzer will automatically migrate it to the current taxonomy. Some concepts may be removed or deprecated from an older taxonomy, please call your CSM or Suppport if you need guidance.