This article is for:
Migrating to a new taxonomy copies the existing XBRL profile using the old taxonomy into a new XBRL profile using the new taxonomy and applies the new profile to the document. The old XBRL profile remains in your account, so you can go back to it any time.
Migrate to a new taxonomy
To migrate an XBRL profile from an old taxonomy to a new taxonomy:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Select the correct XBRL profile for the taxonomy you want to migrate.
- In the profile window, click the Actions dropdown and choose Migrate Profile Taxonomy.
- Select the new taxonomy you want to migrate to and click Migrate. The current profile is copied into a new profile and migrated to the new taxonomy. Workiva automatically applies the new profile to the document and archives the old profile.
- After migration completes, you will be brought to the Manage Profile window. Choose Edit Profile in the Actions menu to rename the new profile and select the correct period. Click Save Changes.
After migrating a taxonomy, you can choose View Migration Logs from the Actions menu to download a file containing any changes you may need to make in order to complete your migration. For example, there might be deprecated concepts to resolve or extensions that need some changes.