With templates, you can create spreadsheets populated with information, formatting, and sheets that match your needs. While you can't link from a template, you can link from spreadsheets created from a template.
Create a Template
To create a new spreadsheet template:
- Open the spreadsheet you’d like to use as a base.
- From the File toolbar, click Save As.
- Choose Template from the dropdown menu.
- Name your template and click Create.
Note: All data in the template is duplicated in new spreadsheets that use this template.
Once you create a template, you can edit it at any time. These edits only apply to future uses of the template and won't change any existing spreadsheets.
Use a Template
After you make a template, you can quickly create a new spreadsheet from Home.
To create a spreadsheet from your template:
- From Home, click Create.
- Select Spreadsheet, then click Spreadsheet from Template from the menu.
- Choose your template.
- Click Create and a tab opens with your new spreadsheet.