This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
The activities list provides a list of actions performed in a workspace. You can see everything from user logins to changes in workspace settings. These activities are available directly in the Workiva platform and can be exported from Workspace Settings.
To view activities in a workspace:
- From Home, click Settings in the Workspace Switcher.
- Click the Activities tab.
By default, you’ll see the first 100 workspace activities. You can scroll down to load and see more activities. Scroll to the right to see additional activity details, such as time and IP address.
You can filter activities by Date Range, by the Member who performed the action, and by Action.
- Summary: a description of the activity performed
- Performed by (name): the name of the user performing the activity
- Applied to (name): the name of the user receiving the activity, if applicable
- Action: the type of the activity, such as changing a workspace setting or copying a document
- Time: the time the activity occurred in UTC
- IP Address: the IP address where the activity came from
- Performed by (username): the username of the person performing the action
- Applied to (username): the username of the person impacted by the activity, if applicable
- Details: technical information about the activity
Why are there duplicate activities?
Workiva is in the process of phasing out Classic activities and introducing a set of new, more standard activities. During this transitional phase, you may see duplicate activities logged in your report. To help you identify the Classic activities being phased out, they are highlighted in the Action column of your reports. If you rely on the names of these Classic activities today, we recommend that you transition to referencing the new activity name instead.
You can export activities to a .csv if you need to do additional filtering or to share activity data. After applying any desired filters to the activities list, click Export current view to quickly export the current view of the activity report. You can also choose to export reports without the Details column if you wish.