This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
Note: We're in the process of rolling out changes to workspaces and organization activities. To learn more about these changes, see Upcoming updates to Workiva activity logs.
Overview of activities
Activities provides a list of actions performed in a workspace. You can see everything from users signing in to changes in workspace settings. Activities are arranged with the most recent actions at the top and the oldest at the bottom.
When viewing workspace activities, you can filter workspace activities by date. Select both a start and end date to see activities for a specific date range.
To view activities in a workspace:
- From Home, click Settings in the Workspace Switcher.
- Click the Activities tab.
By default, you’ll see the first 100 activities in a workspace. You can scroll down to load and see more activities. Scroll to the right to see additional activity details, such as time and IP address.
- Summary: a description of the activity performed
- Performed by (name): the name of the user performing the activity
- Applied to (name): text
- Action: the type of the activity, such as changing a workspace setting or copying a document
- Time: the time the activity occurred in UTC
- IP Address: the IP address where the activity came from
- Performed by (username): the username of the person performing the action
- Applied to (username): text
- Details: technical information about the activity
You can export activities to a .csv if you need to do additional filtering or to share activity data.
To export workspace activities:
- From Activities, click Export.
- Enter both a start and end date.
- If needed, set a username or action filters to narrow your export. Check Include details if you want to the export to include additional technical information.
- Click Export to finish.