This article is for:
When using the same documents in multiple filings throughout the year, you need to roll forward XBRL fiscal dates to match the current reporting period for each filing. Go to the XBRL Profile for the document and simply select the new year, or period, or both. This automatically updates the fiscal dates for all facts in the document.
Note: Special dates are static dates for a point in time. They do not roll forward.
Roll forward XBRL fiscal dates
To roll forward XBRL fiscal dates:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose the XBRL profile you want to update if it is not already applied.
- In the Manage Profiles window, open the Actions drop-down menu and select XBRL Date Roll Forward.
- Make the necessary date changes and click Apply.
- To learn about changing Special dates, see Manage Special Dates.
- For more information about Fiscal Calendar dates, see Create and Use Fiscal Calendars.