This article is for:
When using the same documents in multiple filings throughout the year, you need to roll forward XBRL fiscal dates to match the current reporting period for each filing. The next generation of Wdesk changes the way you roll forward XBRL fiscal dates. Now, you go to the XBRL Profile for the document and simply select the new year, or period, or both. This automatically updates the fiscal dates for all facts in the document.
Note: Special dates are static dates for a point in time. They do not roll forward.
Roll Forward XBRL Fiscal Dates
To roll forward XBRL fiscal dates:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose an XBRL profile if one is not already applied.
- Click the pencil icon next to the profile you want to change in the XBRL Profile Manager.
- Make the necessary date changes and click Save Changes.
- In the Manage XBRL Profiles window, click Apply to finish.