This article is for:
- Workspace Owners, Content Managers, and Copy Managers
You can create copies of binders to make duplicates or roll forward from one reporting period to the next. This lets you keep the original file intact and work with the new file going forward.
The Copy window contains several settings that let you customize how your files are copied. Copying a file maintains its original permission settings but resets revision history.
Note: Only Workspace Owners, Content Managers, and Copy Managers can copy binders and files—if you need to make a copy, contact a Workspace Owner. To find a Workspace Owner, see Find members and admins.
Copy a binder
To copy a binder:
- In Files or Home, find the file you want to copy.
- Right-click the binder and select Copy.
- Confirm your selection and click Next.
- Adjust any copy and location settings.
- Click Copy to finish. An email will be sent to notify you that the copying process has been complete.
Choose copy settings
When you copy a file, you can adjust the copy settings to select what should be included.
Note: If your file has any automations, they will automatically be included in the copy. To reduce errors in the copied automations, be sure to include anything else that's needed for your automations to run.
If you are only copying a binder, you will only need to adjust the location settings.
If you are copying along with other files, then there will be other copy settings. For more information on those settings, read Copy a file or folder.