Export content from Documents to Microsoft® Office® Word for review and collaboration.
Export as DOCX
To export your document as a DOCX file:
- From the File toolbar, click Save As.
- Under Export, select DOCX (.docx) from the menu.
- Place a checkmark next to each item you'd like to include in your export.
- Click Export.
Things to keep in mind when exporting to DOCX
Here are some ways that your Word document might differ from your Workiva document:
- Page breaks - This may mean that tables will break at different spots or the line breaking may not match.
- Fonts - Exported fonts in Workiva may not be in Word.
- Inline tables - Workiva and DOCX inline tables behave differently. Workiva anchors tables adjacent to the text, so the table will move as the text moves.
- Charts - Any backing data from Workiva wouldn't be included. Exports of Workiva documents with charts will export a SVG image instead.
Designed Reporting features are available for ESEF and Connected ESG solutions. Review the program expectations and contact your Customer Success Manager to opt in.
- SVG support - Word 2019 and newer supports SVG images while past versions don't.
- Shape modifiers - Workiva's export to Word doesn't support the shape modifiers for all shapes.
- Wrapping objects - Wrapping may cause page breaks that won't appear in the same place as in the original document.
- Object placement - Objects that are anchored to a paragraph may get pushed to another page or to the bottom of a page.
Additional options for exporting single files
For more information on exporting single files, check out these articles: