Note: You can now migrate from the classic experience to this new Certifications experience in Processes. On August 31st, 2023, Workiva will auto-archive artifacts for all historical classic certifications created from the beginning of the account. Learn more
Sign a letter
To sign a letter:
- Open the letter using the link in the email notification or by opening the certification task in the Tasks tab in Home.
- Review the letter and any attachments.
- If you're the only or first signer, answer the questions, if any.
- If you choose a response that is an exception, you'll be required to add an explanation for your response. You can also upload files to support your explanation.
- If you choose a response that isn’t an exception, adding an explanation and supporting files is optional.
- If there are multiple signers and you're not the first signer, review the previous signers' responses to the questions, if any.
- If you modify a response, you’ll be required to explain your change, and previous signers will need to review and sign the letter again.
- Sign the letter by typing your full name and clicking Submit, or just by clicking Sign and submit.
If your letter requires approval, an email with a link to the letter will be sent to the approver for review.
If the approver rejects and returns the letter to the signers, signers will be notified to review the letter and the approver’s notes, modify their responses accordingly, and sign again.
Mark as signed or skip signer
If you're the only signer for the certification and are unable to sign the letter, the process owner can sign on your behalf by going to the certification action's details in the Process status view (see Monitor a process) and clicking Mark as signed in the dropdown next to your name. This will automatically approve the letter and complete the action.
Otherwise, if there are multiple signers and you're unable to sign the letter, the process owner can Skip you, and the action will move forward.