This article is for:
- Those with Owner permissions
Create an automation to send an email notification when an outline label is changed in your document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
To create this automation pattern, outline labels must be enabled for the file.
Step 1: Create automation
To create an automation:
- Open the Automations panel.
- Click the plus sign to create a new automation.
- Name your automation.
- Select Outline Label Changes from the Automation Trigger drop-down.
The trigger is the event the automatically begins to execute the automation pattern you create.
The related Trigger Filters are displayed.
Step 2: Define trigger filters
In this step, you specify the outline label conditions that must be met in order for the automation to begin execution. All fields are required when defining the trigger filters.
Define the three filters for the automation trigger:
- Select the sections in the file you want to target for this automation
- Choose the outline labels you want to be notified about
- Select the people whose outline label changes you want to know about
Your automation will begin to execute when all three of your selected filters are met.
Step 3: Select action details
The action details indicate what you want to happen when all of the conditions set for the trigger filters are met.
- Select Send Email Notification from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the people the email notification should be sent to.
- Click Create.
Your automation is saved and active.
Manage your automation
Your automations are saved and displayed as cards in the Automations panel. You have several options in the drop-down of each card.
- Edit: Modify the trigger filters and action details
- Disable/Activate: Change when the automation is active or not
- View Activity: Open the activity log for this automation
- Delete: Remove the automation from the file and panel