From ESG Explorer , you can add notes about framework disclosures from the Comments panel.
For example, use comments to:
- Provide additional context or clarification for your organization's ESG reporting
- Enable collaboration and discussion with other workspace members through threaded conversations
Tip: You can also view, reply to, and manage comments from Home . To find a comment in Home, select to view only threads you create or are mentioned in, search for wording, or filter by criteria such as date or author.
Add comment threads on disclosures
- In ESG Explorer, search for or browse to the disclosure to comment on.
- From the Comments panel, click Add comment .
- Enter your comment, and click Post.
Tip: To notify a workspace member or group of a comment, enter
@, and select the recipient to mention them. To notify all participants in the comment's thread, enter
- To quickly convey information about the comment, such as its status, apply a label.
To focus on specific comments, such as only those not yet resolved or that mention you:
- From the Comments panel, click Filter .
- Select the criteria of the comments to view:
- In Status, select whether to view open or resolved comments.
- In Mentions, select whether to view all mentions, or only those that tag you and your groups or threads.
- In Date updated, select the time frame of the comments to view, such as from the current day—Today—or before or after a specific date.
- To view only comments from specific workspace members, in Author, search for or select them by name.
- To view only comments that include specific verbiage, in Content, search for the string or keyword.
Tip: To remove filters and view all comments, click Reset filters.
Edit a comment
To update your own comment, such as to fix a typo or add clarification:
- From the Comments panel, double-click the comment or click Edit .
- Edit the comment, and press Enter.
Resolve a comment
As you respond to questions or requests posed by a comment or thread, select Resolve comment from its menu on the Comments panel. When you resolve a thread, it no longer appears on its disclosure, but you retain a history of its comments.
Tip: You can reopen a resolved comment, such as to respond with additional details or if its request remains open.
Tip: To completely remove a comment or thread from a disclosure, with no history of its contents, delete it instead.
Reopen a resolved comment
To reopen a resolved comment:
- From the Comments panel, click Filter , and select Resolved in Status.
- From the comment's menu, select Reopen comment .
Delete a comment
To completely remove a comment or thread from a disclosure and not retain a history of its contents, delete it. From the Comments panel, select Delete comment from the comment's menu, and click Delete.
Tip: To remove a comment or thread from a disclosure but also retain a history of its contents and the ability to view it again, resolve it instead.
Manage comment notifications
From ESG Explorer, you can select whether to be notified of all replies to threads you participate in or just when you're mentioned.
Note: Your selection for notifications only applies to your own threads within ESG Explorer, not other workspace members' notifications, or comments in other features.
- From the Comments panel, click Alert .
- Select when to receive notifications:
- Replies to threads I'm participating in notifies you when someone mentions you in a comment or replies to a thread you replied to or are mentioned in.
- Only my @ mentions notifies you only when someone tags you or your group in a comment or uses
@threadin a thread you participated in.
- Click Save.