If you need to reuse the same text formatting options repeatedly, you may consider creating a Style Guide. Style Guides let you apply uniform formatting by highlighting text and selecting a style from the Styles menu.
Note: Only Document Owners can create and edit styles, but anyone can use them.
When you first create a document, you’ll find three pre-populated heading styles.
To apply a style:
- Select your text.
- From the Edit toolbar, open the Styles menu.
- Select a style to apply it to the selected text.
Note: The Normal style is automatically applied to text unless another style is specified. You can designate different Normal styles for text and tables.
Edit an existing style
To edit an existing style:
- From the Edit toolbar, click the Styles menu.
- Select Edit Style Guide to open the Style Guide Editor.
- From the left-hand panel, select the style you want to edit.
- Click Publish in the toolbar to save your changes.
The Paragraph Styles editor has three main sections:
- Text : Edit text settings like font type, size, color, emphasis, and alignment.
- Indentation : Change the indentation for certain lines of text.
- Spacing : Adjust line spacing, as well as add spaces before or after a paragraph.
Create a new style
To add a new style to your style guide:
- In the Style Guide Editor toolbar, click the New Style icon.
- Select a style type from the menu. If you select Custom, you can name your style in the text box.
- Click Add to add your new style.
From here, you can edit your new style using the settings in the right panel.
Import and export styles
If you have a style guide you’d like to reuse, you can import and export it using the options in the toolbar.
To export a style guide:
- From the Style Guide Editor toolbar, click Export.
- Select a location to save your file. Style guides are saved in the .style format.
To import a style guide:
- Open the Style Guide Editor for your document.
- From the toolbar, select Import.
- Select a file with a .style extension. This updates the style guide in your current document.
Note: Importing a style guide replaces the existing styles and can't be undone. You can edit styles after import.