With the Coupa® connector, you can use a Get Request command to retrieve business spend management data from Coupa as a chain to automate, procure-to-pay, accounts payable, and expense management.
To enable the connection, the connector uses the Coupa REST API. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A dedicated Admin user in Coupa for the connector
- An API key created in Coupa
- Your Coupa domain name, such as
Create a Coupa API key
Before you set up the Coupa connector, add an Admin user for the connector in Coupa, and generate its API key:
- From Users, create a dedicated Admin user for the connector.
- From Setup, select Integrations, API Keys, and click Create.
- Enter a unique name and description to help identify the key.
- Enter the contact name to appear in the integration history for the connector's activity.
- In Contact Login, enter the connector's Admin username.
- In Contact Email, enter an email address to receive notifications about the API key.
- To have the key expire, enter the date when it should.
- To limit the connector's access to data in Coupa, select Enable permissions, and select the APIs it can interact with.
- Click Save, and note the generated key value.
Set up the Coupa connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- In Chain Builder, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Coupa and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Property Details API key Enter the API key created in Coupa. Coupa domain Enter your Coupa domain, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Get Request command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Coupa fails:
- Ensure the connector's integration user has Admin permissions in Coupa.
- Verify the connector's Coupa API key. If necessary, generate a new key and grant it the appropriate permissions.
- Verify your Coupa domain.