Power of Attorney forms can be added to Section 16 forms in several ways. You can add a POA to your Libraries. You can add a Power of Attorney document when creating a new signature or editing a signature. You can also add a Power of Attorney file during filing.
Create POA form in libraries
To create a Power of Attorney form under the Libraries tab:
- Click on Libraries, then the Supporting Documents sub-tab. Choose Create Supporting Document.
- Select Power of Attorney, Exhibit 24 from the drop-down list in the Create Supporting Document dialog box.
- Add a Description and check the box to Associate with a Reporting Owner. Choose the appropriate owner.
- Type or paste the document text in the available text box. Supporting documents are restricted to .txt, .htm, .jpg, and .gif. If you upload a document as a .jpg or .gif, you will need to have a .htm version for your filing.
- You can also check the box to Include this Supporting Document in all filings for the selected Reporting Owner(s). Then choose the Add button.
Add POA when editing signatures
You can add Power of Attorney when you edit a signature or create a new signature for a reporting owner. To add POA when editing a signature:
- Go to the Signatures tab under Libraries. Choose the Edit icon on the right for a signature.
- Choose the checkbox for Include Power of Attorney. Add the Power of Attorney text.
- To add a Power of Attorney when you create a new signature:
- Choose the +Add Signature button. Enter the Signature Name and one or more Reporting Owner(s). Check the box for Include Power of Attorney.
- Add the text in the Power of Attorney box. Choose Create Signature.
Add POA during filing
- To add a Power of Attorney during filing:
Go to Forms > Unfiled Forms and choose the form to file. Choose File Selected Forms from the drop-down menu.
- In the filing interface, choose Edit Supporting Document from the More drop-down menu.
- Next you can select the Power of Attorney and other supporting documents as needed. Then choose Save.
Maintain POA formatting
If you want to maintain your original formatting when adding a Power of Attorney file, you will need to upload the form through Workiva in order to create an .htm file.
- In Home, choose Create, then Upload.
- Browse to find the Power of Attorney document in a .jpg, .gif or .pdf format. Choose where you'd like to put your file. Choose Upload.
- Open your filing. Choose the +Add icon. Select the source document.
- Choose the radio button for File this PDF as an exhibit (Converted to an SEC-compliant HTM file) in the dialog box. Click the Add button.
- The .htm file and associated JPG files can be downloaded to your desktop. Check the box for the file and choose the Download icon in the toolbar.
Now the POA files can be attached to Section 16 forms as a supporting document. If your Power of Attorney document contains multiple pages, each page will result in a separate .jpg file. These may have similar or identical names but are not duplicates.