To compare changes between two different documents, you can create a blackline between two documents from Home or Files.
Note: To enable blacklines between documents, contact Support.
Blackline between Documents
To create a blackline from Home or Files:
- Right-click one of the documents you want to blackline. You can also check the box next to two documents and right-click.
- Select Blackline from the menu.
- In the first text box, name your blackline.
- Select the documents to compare. The first box automatically shows the first file you selected, which serves as the basis of comparison.
- Click Download PDF to automatically generate your blackline.
You can also generate blacklines from Home or Files by selecting two documents and clicking Blackline in the toolbar.
Note: To create a blackline between two revisions in the same file, see Create and View Blacklines.
View Blackline Changes
The blackline PDF contains both a title page and the details of your blackline.
The first line of the title page shows the name of your blackline and when it was generated. The next section shows the titles of the compared files and when they were last updated.
Content found only in the first document is shown in red, while content only found in the second document is shown in blue.