This article is for:
- Workspace Owners that have modified the All Users group. Learn more about managing groups.
Folder permissions will be available in all workspaces on January 19, 2021. Using folder permissions allows you to give workspace users specific access to folders, and those users automatically get the same level of access to any new files or folders created in that folder.
When folder permissions are enabled, all users will be set as owners on existing folders by default. To apply this change, we’ll need to use your workspace’s All Users group. If you’ve made changes to this group, you’ll need to manage those changes before enabling folder permissions.
Note: Once folder permissions are enabled, users missing from the All Users group will only have access to folders they’ve created and will lose access to any other folders.
Manage the All Users group
To manage the members in your All Users group:
- From Home, hover over your profile name and select Workspace Settings from the menu.
- Select the Groups tab and open the All Users group. If your workspace is missing the “All Users” group, learn how to recreate it.
- From the Actions menu, select Add Members.
- Search for any missing users using the search bar and check the box by their name. You can check Hide existing group members to show only members that aren’t currently in the All Users group.
- Once you’ve selected each missing user, click Add to Group to save your changes.
What if I don't have an All Users group?
If your workspace is missing the All Users group, you need to manually recreate it by creating a new group and adding in all workspace users. However, this group must be named All Users (including capitalization) to correctly permission your folders. Learn more about creating groups.
Do permissions on a folder apply to subfolders and files within a folder?
Permissions on existing content in a folder will not be impacted by folder permissions. However, folder permissions will flow through to newly created or uploaded content in that folder. These permissions won’t update if you change the folder’s permissions at a later date.
Can I bulk update the default folder permission set for existing folders?
You can customize the default permission set and bulk update existing folders using Classic Account Admin. Learn more about bulk updating folder permissions.
If you have additional questions or need more information, you can contact email@example.com.
With folder permissions enabled, create new folders to manage permissions for collaborators: