For details about a table, open its Table Properties panel.
From this panel, you can view:
- Its type—Data or Dimension
- Its name and description
- How many datasets, records, and columns it contains, and how they compare to any limits
- When it was created
Change a Table's Type
When you create a table, you select its type:
- Data , for information that builds up over time, such as general ledger entries or other transactions.
- Dimension , for relational information, such as rollups by department, or small sets of data used for mapping, like dates for fiscal year accounting.
You can edit a table's type as necessary:
- To change a table's type to Dimension, unimport any datasets, and click Change type to Dimension. When you change the type to Dimension, the table can include up to 2,000,000 records.
- To change a table's type to Data, click Change type to Data. When you change the type to Data, none of the table's columns will be marked as Key.
Rename a Table
When you create a table, you assign it a name. To edit a table's name, such as to clarify the context of its data:
- From Wdata Home , select Rename from the table's menu.
- From the table, click Rename on the toolbar, or open the Table Properties panel.
Edit a Table's Description
When you create a table, you enter a description to help explain a table's data or intent. To edit this description, double-click it on the table, or open the Table Properties panel.