To import data from Wdata into a document, you can connect a query's results to a chart or table. From the Wdata Connections panel, you can:
- View and manage the queries connected to a document's charts and tables
- Adjust the parameters of connected queries
- Refresh connections to update connected charts and tables with the latest data
Note: In a document's outline, sections with a Wdata connection appear with a cube . Each document can have up to 30 connections.
Connect a Query to a Document
From the Wdata Connections panel, the document's Owner can connect a chart or table to a query they have permission to view in Wdata.
- In the document, select the chart or table to connect to a query.
- From the Wdata Connections panel , click Add Connection .
- Select the query to connect to the chart or table, and click Next.
- Set any parameters for the query, and click Connect.
To open a connected query in Wdata, click its name, or select Open Source from its connection's menu.
To update a document with the latest data, its Owner or Editor can refresh its connected charts and tables:
- To update all of the document's connections, click Refresh connections on the Wdata Connections panel.
- To update a specific chart or table, click Refresh Connection for its connection.
Update a Connected Query's Parameters
If a query includes parameters, you can set the criteria of the data to include in its connected chart or table, such as to roll its time period forward or back. To update a query's parameters:
- On the Wdata Connections panel, select the connection.
- Under Parameters, select the criteria of the data to include in the connected chart or table.
- Click Apply & Refresh.
Rename a Connection
By default, a connection uses the same name as the slide and its chart or table. To edit a connection's name, select Rename Connection from its menu on the Wdata Connections panel.
Replace a Connected Query
To change the query connected to a chart or table:
- From the Wdata Connections panel, select Replace Source from the connection's menu.
- Select the query to connect to the chart or table instead.
- Set any parameters for the new connection, and click Replace.
Remove a Connection
To disconnect a query from a chart or table, such as to retain the snapshot of its data, select Remove Connection from its connection's menu on the Wdata Connections panel.
Collaboration in Wdata Connections
A document's Owner can connect its charts and tables to queries they have permission to view in Wdata.
If you collaborate on a document with others, their access to a connection depends on their permissions to the query and section:
|Query Permission||Section Permission||Connection Access|
|Viewer, Editor, or Owner||Viewer or None||Locked|
|Viewer||Editor||Refresh the query and update its parameters|
|Editor or Owner||Owner||Full access|