Each time you or a collaborator edits a presentation, a revision appears in the History panel. By creating a blackline, you can view and compare two different versions of your presentation.
Create a Blackline
To create a blackline in Presentations:
- Hover over a revision in the History panel and click the arrow to open the menu.
- Select Create Blackline . This automatically places the selected revision in the first box.
- Click and drag another revision into the second box. You can filter revisions from the Show filters options at the top of the panel.
- If you only need to compare slides that have changes, check Only include sections with changes.
- If you need to generate a blackline between certain sections, click Advanced to access the Advanced Blackline Options.
- Name your blackline and click Create.
Use the Blackline Panel
Each time you create a blackline, a named copy appears in the Blacklines panel. To open the panel, click the Blacklines icon in the right toolbar.
The panel includes a detailed overview of each blackline, including when it was generated and which two revisions are compared. You can add a remark by clicking the arrow next to a blackline's title and selecting Add Remark . Other options for each blackline include Export PDF and Delete.
To filter blacklines:
- Click on the filter icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Check the box if you'd like to only Show Starred.
- Use the drop-down menus to filter by Updated or filter by Author.
- Remove one or more filters by clicking Reset in the upper right-hand corner of the panel.
View a Blackline
You can view the changes between your revisions by opening the blackline as a PDF.
To open a blackline:
- Open the Blacklines panel.
- Click the arrow next to the title and select Export PDF .
Each page of the PDF blackline shows the changes for one slide. Information about the blackline, including which revisions are compared and which slide you are currently viewing, are shown at the top of each page.
In the PDF, you’ll see a copy of your slide with numbered pins marking changes.
- Additions are marked with blue pins
- Deletions are marked with red pins
- Content with changes are marked with purple pins
Below the slide is a summary of changes. Each numbered item corresponds to a pin on your slide. Additions are in blue, underlined text, while removals are in red text with a strikethrough.
Note: If the summary contains several changes, these may flow onto the following page.
Image and text changes are shown directly in this summary. Any other changes, like changes to charts and tables, contain links to additional pages. These pages show the changes to each element in detail.
Slides that were added or removed are also shown in the PDF. New slides are outlined in blue, while deleted slides are outlined in red.