With the ServiceNow® connector, you can use commands in a chain to create and manage records in ServiceNow.
To enable the connection, the connector uses the ServiceNow Table REST API. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated integration user set up in ServiceNow for the connector
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- The hostname of the ServiceNow instance to connect to, such as
Set Up the ServiceNow Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Adaptive Insights and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Property Details Username Enter the username of the integration user to use with the connector. Password Enter the password for the Username property. Instance Hostname Enter the hostname of the ServiceNow instance to connect to, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Get Record command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to ServiceNow fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials.
- Check the hostname of the ServiceNow instance to connect to.