With the SAP® Business Warehouse® connector, you can use an Execute MDX Query command in a chain to perform multidimensional expressions (MDX) queries to extract comma-separated values (CSV) data from SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse (BW).
Note: This connector supports SAP BW 10.0 NW or 10.1 NW, with non-HANA databases.
To enable the connection, the connector uses the SAP BW REST API via remote function call (RFC). To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated RFC destination set up in SAP NetWeaver BW for the connector
- The internet protocol (IP) address or hostname of the SAP NetWeaver environment to connect to
- The client ID to use with the RFC connection
- The instance number of the RFC destination
- A designated integration user set up in SAP BW for the connector, with permission to:
- Access the data being queried
- Execute Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI) functions
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- A GroundRunner set up for the connector
Note: We recommend you install the GroundRunner on a dedicated server in the same network as the SAP BW environment.
- SAP Java® connector (Jco) installed on the same server as the GroundRunner
Set Up an SAP Business Warehouse Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Oracle Business Warehouse and the GroundRunner to use with the connector.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details Server Hostname Enter the IP address or hostname of the SAP NetWeaver BW instance to connect to, such as
Client Enter the client ID to use with the RFC destination set up in SAP NetWeaver BW, such as
Instance No. Enter the instance number of the RFC destination. Username Enter the username for the connector's integration user. Password Enter the password of the Username property. SAP Jco Installation Folder Enter the full path to the SAP Java connector (Jco) installation on the GroundRunner's server, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at 2,048-bit encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
If the connection to SAP NetWeaver BW fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials.
- Check the IP address or hostname of the SAP NetWeaver BW instance.
- Check the RFC destination's client ID and instance number.
- Check the GroundRunner selected for the connector.
- Verify the path to the SAP Jco installation on the GroundRunner's server.