With Document templates, you can create documents pre-populated with information and formatting. Templates are great for repeated processes, like meeting agendas and newsletters.
Create a Template
To create a new document template:
- Open the document you’d like to use as a base. Add any formatting, content, and styles you’d like to appear in the template.
- From the File toolbar, click Save As .
- Choose Template from the menu.
- Name your new template and click Create.
Note: All inline content will appear in documents that use this template. Links, permissions, attachments, and comments will not be copied.
Once you create a template, you can edit it at any time. These changes do not apply to documents created prior to your edits, but all documents created from that template in the future will include your edits.
Use a Template
After you make a template, you can quickly create a new document from Home.
To create a document from your template:
- From Home, click Create .
- Select Document , then select Document from Template from the menu.
- Choose your template.
- Click Create. A tab opens with your new document.