With the Power BI® connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with Microsoft® Power BI. For example, with this connector, you can:
- Create and manage datasets in Power BI
- Run, export, and clone Power BI reports
- List dashboards, datasets, gateways, and reports in Power BI
To secure the connection to Power BI, the connector uses OAuth authentication via a designated application registered in Azure® Active Directory®. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated application registered in Azure Active Directory via the Power BI app registration tool
- A designated integration user set up in Power BI for the connector
- The Azure application's tenant and client IDs
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- The base URI of the Power BI instance to connect to; by default,
Set Up the Power BI Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Power BI and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details Tenant ID Enter the tenant ID of the connector's Azure application. Application (Client) ID Enter the Azure application's client ID. Username Enter the username of the connector's Power BI integration user. Password Enter the password for the Username property. Base URI Enter the base URI for the Power BI instance to connect to; by default,
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's List Dashboards command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Power BI fails:
- Verify the authentication credentials of the Power BI integration user.
- Check the tenant and client IDs of the Azure application registered for the connector.
- Verify the base URI of the Power BI instance to connect to.