With the Oracle® EDMCS connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud Service (EDMCS). For example, with this connector, you can:
- Convert files from generational to parent/child format, and vice versa
- Import, export, and copy snapshots
- Import and export dimensions and dimension mappings
- Upload, download, and delete files
To enable the connection, the connector uses the Oracle EDMCS REST API, secured via basic username and password authentication. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated integration user set up in Oracle EDMCS for the connector
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- The service name, identity domain, and data center region of the EDMCS environment to connect to
Note: The service name, identity domain, and data center region appear in the environment's URL, such as
Set Up the Oracle EDMCS Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Oracle EDMCS and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details User Name Enter the username of the connector's EDMCS integration user. Password Enter the password for the User Name property. Service Name Enter the service name of the Oracle EDMCS environment to connect to. In the URL, the service name is the auto-generated string that immediately follows
Note: To distinguish test from production environments, Oracle appends
-testfor service names in test environments.
Identity Domain Enter the name of the Oracle EDMCS environment's identity domain. In the URL, the identity domain is the auto-generated string that follows the dash
-after the service name.
Data Center Enter the data center region that hosts the Oracle EDMCS environment. In the URL, the data center region appears immediately before
oraclecloud.com, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at 2,048-bit encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Get Views command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Oracle EDMCS fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials.
- Check the service name, identity domain, and data center region from the Oracle EDMCS URL.