With the File Utils connector, you can use commands to access and manage files and directories on Microsoft® Windows®- and Linux-based operating systems. For example, with this connector, you can:
- Create and manage files and directories
- Search files for text values or strings
- Compress or unpack ZIP, TAR, or GZIP files
To interact with an on-premise resource, the connector requires a GroundRunner to perform its tasks.
Set up the File Utils connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select File Utils and the runner to use with the connection.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's List Directory command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connector uses a GroundRunner on a Windows server to access a remotely-mounted drive and receives an error such as "Directory not found," ensure the user the GroundRunner runs under has domain admin privileges to the remote resource. To change the user the GroundRunner runs under, access Windows Services Manager (SrvMan), and edit the Log On As properties.