With the Oracle® Hyperion® Financial Management connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) version 22.214.171.124.x or 11.2.x. For example, you can create a chain to extract data from Oracle HFM as a file to upload to a Wdata table.
To set up the connection, you'll need:
- A server with access to Oracle HFM and installations of:
- Paths to the Oracle Enterprise Performance (EPM) system instance and its HFM home directory
- The cluster name of the HFM server as it appears in the EPM Shared Services Registry
- An Oracle HFM integration user, used to authenticate with the Oracle HFM instance
Note: The integration user must be a Native Directory user—not a Microsoft® Active Directory® (MSAD) user—with access to data required for Reporting and Extended Analytics.
For assistance when creating and building chains, we also recommend you identify:
- Your Workiva admins
- The Oracle HFM admins
- Your network and infrastructure engineering teams
Set up the GroundRunner
To perform tasks in Oracle HFM, the connector requires a GroundRunner execution agent. We strongly recommend you install the GroundRunner on the Oracle HFM server.
If you must install the GroundRunner on another server:
- Install Java Runtime Environment 8 or higher on the same server as the GroundRunner.
- Use a network shared drive or Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path to enable access to the Oracle HFM database and Java archive (JAR) files hosted on your EPM server.
- To enable two-way traffic between the GroundRunner and the JAR files, open the firewall ports for Oracle HFM from the EPM System Configurator.
Set up the connection to Oracle HFM
To set up the connection, an IT admin configures the server, and a workspace owner creates the connection to Oracle HFM.
Step 1. Configure the server
- In Oracle HFM, create the integration user, and grant them access to Reporting and Extended Analytics.
- On the server that can access Oracle HFM:
- Install Java Runtime Environment 8 or higher.
Note: When installing Java, you may be asked whether to install the Java Development Kit (JDK) or Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Only the JRE is required.
- Download, install, and activate the GroundRunner execution agent.
- Allow the host domains for Workiva.
- Install Java Runtime Environment 8 or higher.
Step 2. Set up the Oracle HFM connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- In Chain Builder, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and the GroundRunner installed on the server.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Note: Consult your Oracle HFM admin for the correct values.
Property Details Username Enter the Oracle HFM integration user's username. Password Enter the Oracle HFM integration user's password. EPM home Enter the path to the HFM home directory for the Oracle EPM system. By default,
EPM instance Enter the path to the EPM system. By default,
HFM cluster Enter the cluster name for the Oracle HFM server, as it appears in the EPM Shared Services registry.
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the workspace environments to use with the connector, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the Oracle HFM connector's Extract Members List command, and verify it returns a valid output.
To automate connected reporting, use this connector with other connectors in a chain. For example, with this connector, you can:
- Extract data from Oracle HFM to Workiva as a file
- Extract data from Oracle HFM to Workiva via a relational database
|If this happens...||Try this...|
|The connection to Oracle HFM fails.||Verify the name of the Oracle HFM cluster to connect to, and the Oracle HFM integration user's authentication credentials.|
|The connector returns a blank output or no response.||To ensure the GroundRunner can communicate with the Oracle HFM JAR files, verify the paths to the HFM home directory and EPM instance.
If the GroundRunner is on a different server than Oracle HFM, verify it can access the Oracle HFM server's network shared drive or UNC share.
|The connector returns an Unknown host error.||To ensure the GroundRunner can resolve the Oracle HFM and Workiva host domains, use wildcards with the allow list.|
|The connector returns an Insufficient permissions error.||Verify the Oracle HFM integration user has both Read and Write access, not Read only.|
|A command returns an exit code of Success but has no output.||If the Clear slice, Copy data, Extract data to database, or Extract data to file command succeeds but has no output, verify its Expand only property is not selected. Select Expand only to view members with no extraction, such as for testing.|