With the BlackLine® OAuth2 connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with BlackLine, such as to:
- List and download reports from BlackLine
- Import and manage data in BlackLine, including:
- Currency rates
To set up the connection, you'll need:
- The host name of the BlackLine instance to connect to, such as
- The authentication credentials and OAuth2 scopes of an integration user set up for a BlackLine service account
Note: The integration user needs integration permissions as well as the roles and scopes required for the tasks the connection will perform.
Set Up the BlackLine OAuth2 Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select BlackLine OAuth2 and the default CloudRunner.
- Enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Property Details Username Enter the user name of the BlackLine integration user. Password Enter the password generated when the service account for the Username property was created. This is not the password used to sign in to the BlackLine instance online. Client ID Enter the client ID for the integration user. Client Secret Enter the client secret for the integration user. Scopes Enter the OAuth2 scopes enabled for the integration user. The connection will use these same scopes. Instance Host Name Enter the host name for the BlackLine instance to connect to, without the
https://. For example, for the default development environment,
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the BlackLine OAuth2 connector's List Reports command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to BlackLine fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials are correct.
- Verify the integration user has proper roles and scopes to perform the tasks related to the connection's commands.
- Verify the correct BlackLine instance host name is entered for the connector.