You can use outline labels to provide information at a glance, such as the current status of a section or priority level. Outline Labels allow you to create custom labels to apply in the document outline panel.
Note: Only Document Owners can enable and disable outline labels.
Enable outline labels
To enable outline labels:
- Click the Outline Label icon on the right side of the document outline.
- Click Enable Outline Labels. This automatically adds the default label set.
Add outline labels
Once you enable labels, you can view them by clicking on the Outline Label icon in the outline panel. Four default labels are added when you enable labels: Not Started, In Progress, Waiting, and Final.
To add a label to a section:
- Click the Outline Label icon next to a section name in the document outline.
- Select a label from the list to apply to the selected section.
If you need to remove a label from a section, click the selected label again.
Disable outline labels
To disable outline labels:
- Click the Outline Label icon in the outline panel.
- Select More Options.
- Click Disable Labels.
This does not remove applied labels or delete created labels. You can continue to use the same labels by reactivating outline labels.