This article is for:
- Org User Admins
Org User Admins can update a user's organization role as needed. In the People section, you can view all users, filter by role, or search for a specific user.
At the organization level you can only apply a role that you already have to another user. For example, if you only have the Org User Admin role you can only assign the Org User Admin role to other users. But if you have two roles, such as Org User Admin and Org Workspace Admin, you can assign both roles.
Changing a User Role
To change a user's role:
- Click your name in the bottom left, then select Organization Admin.
- Select People .
- Find the person you’d like to update by searching or scrolling through the member list.
- Click the edit icon or double-click the organization role.
- Select a role and click the check icon or press enter.
- Click Apply Changes.
You can also change a user role by checking the box next to a user and then clicking Edit Roles in the toolbar.
Updating Multiple Users
When you have several users to update, you can assign or remove roles in bulk to save time. It's best to update users at the same time that you want to have the same role. For example, select every user you want to set as an Org User Admin.
To update multiple user roles at the same time:
- In Organization Admin, click People .
- Check the box next to the members you want to update.
- Click Edit Roles .
- Check to apply a role or uncheck to remove a role. A dash in a checkbox indicates that some of the selected members already have this role. Roles that are grayed out cannot be assigned. Then, click Apply.
- Click Apply Changes in the toolbar to finish.