You can link data from a spreadsheet to other files to keep data consistent across all documents. The Publish feature pushes your changes from source cells to destination links.
Create a Source Link
After you add data to your spreadsheet, you can link cells to other documents. When you link the cell to another document, the link in your spreadsheet becomes your source link, identified by a blue indicator .
To create a link from a cell:
- Select the cell and use your keyboard or right-click to copy the cell.
- Use CTRL + V to paste the cell into another Workiva file.
- From the clipboard , select Create Links from and choose the appropriate option.
If you change a linked value in the source spreadsheet, an orange indicator appears to show the change is unpublished.
Publish Link Changes
When you first create a link, Workiva automatically publishes that change. If you change a linked value in a source cell, an orange indicator shows the change is unpublished.
Sheets have different indicators depending on whether changes were made by you or another collaborator:
- Sheets with pending changes from you have a solid gray triangle indicator in the document outline.
- Sheets with pending changes from other collaborators have a gray triangle indicator with an underline .
Click Publish in the toolbar to make any changes after creating the initial link. Clicking Publish only publishes your pending changes and does not publish link changes made by other users.
Document owners can also publish all links made by collaborators by selecting Publish All Links from this menu. The publisher can see whose changes were published by clicking the notification in the bottom right. Anyone whose changes were published this way also receives a notification.