This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
- Org Workspace Admins
Basics of adding users
Note: To add a user to a workspace, they need to be a member of your organization. See Add users to an organization for details.
Workspace Owners and Org Workspace Admins can add users to a workspace to collaborate on documents and data. You can search for and add any existing member of your organization to a workspace. Alternatively, you can add a list of users from a CSV file.
When you add someone to a workspace, you can choose to send a welcome email containing sign-in details or simply notify them that they've been added. If you choose not to send a welcome email, only Org User Admins can resend it at a later time.
Add a new user
To add someone to a workspace:
- In the top left, click the Users icon.
- On the Members tab, click Add and select Add organization users.
- Find the users you’d like to add by searching or scrolling through the list. You can select to hide existing workspaces members to help with searching and filtering.
- Check the box next to the user's name. You can select multiple people at the same time by selecting the first person, then holding shift, and then selecting the last person.
- Choose options to send a welcome email or notify them that they've been added to the workspace. Note: If you uncheck Send welcome email to new users, only Org User Admins can resend it.
- Click Add users to finish.
Add users from a CSV file
Note: If you are also an Org User Admin, you can add users to both the organization and workspace at the same time with this option.
To add a list of users to a workspace from a CSV file:
- On the Members tab, click Add and select Add users from file.
- Download the CSV template to help you with accurate formatting, and fill it out. Usernames must be unique and email addresses must be valid. If using your own file, make sure that your column headings match the headings in the template. A valid CSV file looks like this:
- Upload the file and click Next.
- Review the list of users that were obtained from the file. You can also choose to send welcome emails or notify users that they’ve been added to the workspace.
- Click Add users.
- Click Upload another file to add more users from another file, or click Close to finish.
Added users are automatically added to the All Users group. You can then update their role or add them to other groups.