This article is for:
- All Users
Depending on your browser settings, you may need to enable Flash before you can use classic file types in Wdesk. How you enable Flash depends on your browser. See details below based on your browser.
Visit About Adobe Flash Player to check that Flash is enabled and to verify the version you have installed. Clearing browser cookies may require you to re-enable Flash. Based on what you see, you may need to involve your IT administrator.
When is Flash going away?
When Flash goes away depends on your browser and your company's IT policy. Based on that, we recommend working with your IT team. For details about flash going away in general, see Adobe's announcement. You can also review additional information by browser:
Do I need to enable Flash?
If you see the message below, you'll need to enable Flash in your browser.
If you see the following screen, you may need to download and install the latest version of Flash.
(For Windows or macOS 10)
To enable Flash for Chrome:
- In the browser address bar, click on Plugin Blocked.
- Click Manage on the notification that appears.
- Click the toggle to change the Flash preference to Ask first.
- Click Allow on the pop-up that appears.
- Click Reload to finish.
Depending on your company's IT policies, you may not be able to change the setting in your browser. Your company's IT team will need to make the changes.
If you encounter the Download Failed screen in Chrome, you may need to download the latest version of Flash or upgrade to the 64-bit version of Chrome. You can download this from the Google Chrome website.
(For Windows or macOS 10)
To enable Flash for Firefox:
- Click Run Adobe Flash.
- Click Allow in the pop-up that appears. You can choose to remember this decision for later.
- You can then continue to the Wdesk Editor.
If you choose to remember this decision, your settings are automatically saved for your next browser session.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
(For Windows 10)
Depending on your company's IT policies, you may not be able to change settings in Internet Explorer. If this is the case, your company's IT team will need to make the changes.
To enable flash in Internet Explorer:
- With Wdesk open, click Tools in the upper-right corner.
- From the Tools menu, choose Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- On the right, select the item for Shockwave Flash Object.
- Click the Enable option at the bottom-right of the window. Once enabled, you can close the window.
(For Safari in macOS 10)
To enable Flash for Safari:
- With Wdesk open, in the Safari menu choose Preferences.
- In Preferences, click Websites and check the box for Adobe Flash Player.
- After enabling Adobe Flash Player, find and open the When visiting other websites drop-down and choose Allow. To only allow Adobe Flash Player for Wdesk, select the dropdown near app.wdesk.com and select Allow.
- After changing your settings, click Done to save settings. You can then close the Preferences window.
Information for IT Admins
Please send Manage Google Chrome Flash Policies to your IT group to see if they can establish or update Google Chrome policies for Flash.