This article is for:
Use label references to meet EDGAR Filing Manual requirements and sync preferred labels to the line items in your document.
Label Reference Basics
Label references link line items in the document to their concepts in the XBRL outline. The link creates a preferred label in the XBRL outline and keeps it in sync with the line item in the document. Any time you change the line item in the document, the label reference automatically updates the preferred label for that concept in the XBRL outline.
Create label references to meet the EDGAR Filing Manual requirement to match labels in the XBRL outline to their corresponding line items in the document.
Before creating a label reference
After creating a label reference
Add Label References
To add a label reference:
- Select the line item in the document that you want to use for the label reference.
- Right-click the concept in the XBRL outline and select Create Label Reference. The XBRL outline label updates to match the line item in the document and a label reference icon appears next to the concept in the XBRL outline.
Update Label References
When you make changes to line items and want to immediately update label references, use Refresh Label References.
- Open the XBRL Outline tab on the left.
- Click the Refresh Label References icon on the XBRL outline toolbar.
Manage Preferred Labels
To change or remove label references:
- To change a preferred label: Remove the label reference, manually update the line item in the document, and re-create the label reference.
- To remove a label reference: Right-click the concept in the XBRL outline and select Remove Label Reference. The concept in the XBRL outline returns to its standard label.