Links are a powerful tool for maintaining data integrity. By updating a source link in a cell, you update all linked destination cells. You can also create a text link by copying text and pasting it into another text location in your document.
Link from Tables
You can link any cell or cells with Workiva. To link from a table:
- Select the cell or cells you want to use as a source link.
- Copy your selection using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (Windows) or ⌘+C (Mac).
- Paste your selection into the target Spreadsheet, Workbook, or table using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V (Windows) or ⌘+V(Mac).
- Then, click the blue clipboard and select Create Links From.
- Select an option from the Create Links list.
- Click Apply to finalize your link.
Link from Text
You can link a word, paragraph, or multiple paragraphs within Workiva. To link text:
- Select the text you want to use as a source link.
- Right click on the text and select Create Source Link from the menu.
- Paste copied text using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V(Windows) or ⌘+V(Mac) into any document in which you want the source data linked.
Changes to linked source content is not automatically updated; users must publish link changes to have new information updated to all destination links.