Create a File
To create a file in Home:
- Click Create in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the file type you want to create. You'll only see only file types that you have access to.
When you create a file, you are automatically set with Owner permissions. You can then add others to the file and update permissions as needed. To rename a file in Home, you can right-click on the file name. After you enter your new file name, click the checkmark to accept.
Note: Only use projects for classic file types or when using the classic filing wizard. To add files to your project, you can use the Project Panel.
Import a File
To import a file in Home:
- Click the Create menu in the top left.
- Select Import .
- Choose to import an Excel, Word, Powerpoint, or Wdesk file.
- After the prompt loads, choose your file and click Import. If you are importing a file from another workspace, there is an additional step to enter the name of the current workspace.
After you import the file, you can update permissions and review for formatting. You may notice that some formatting looks different depending on the type of file imported..
Note: If you don't select a folder when you import a file, it will be placed in the root directory.
Export a File
You can export a Wdesk File version. Please note, this type of file can only be viewed in Workiva.
To export a Wdesk File:
- Find the file you want to export in Home or Files.
- Right click the file and select Export Wdesk File .
- Choose export settings.
- Click Export to finish.