Upload a file to include supporting information with a certification process. Files are stored in an attachments library.
Upload an attachment
To upload a file:
- Click the Attachments tab.
- Click Upload File button.
- In the Upload Attachment dialog, click the Choose File button to browse for a file.
- Enter a title for the attachment. Specify whether the recipients must sign in to Certifications to view the file.
- Click Upload.
On the Attachments page, the column with the lock icon in the heading indicates whether each file requires users to sign in before viewing.
Attach a file
To attach a file:
- Click the Templates tab.
- Click the name of the template to which you want to add an attachment.
- In the Edit Template page, click Attach a File.
- In the list of available attachments, click the Select button to the right of the file you wish to attach. If the file you need isn’t in the library yet, click Upload a File.
If you upload an updated version of a file that is already attached, Certification creates a new attachment in the library. If the older version was attached to any templates and you want the new one to take its place, you will need to replace the older version with the new one on each template. If you want to keep an older version of a document while adding a new one, you can name the versions differently to differentiate between the two.
If you want to make a change to an attachment’s properties, you can edit the item. Click the Attachments tab. In the Actions column, click the Edit button for the item you want to change. In the Edit Attachment dialog, change the title or the sign-in requirement as desired. Changing the title does not affect the filename of the attachment.
You can also delete attachments from the attachments library. This automatically removes the attachment from all templates and processes they are associated with. Navigate to the Attachments tab. In the Actions column, click the Delete button for the item you want to delete and confirm your choice.
Use file attachments as a signer
As a signer, you will receive a notification email. Click on the link provided to access the letter you have been asked to sign. If you need to provide additional supporting documentation when signing a certification, click on the Add Support link.
This opens a field for commenting, as well as the option to upload files from your computer.