This article is for:
- Org Security Admins
As an Org Security Admin, you can help ensure the security of users by managing password requirements. Set password requirements and expirations to ensure users create strong passwords. Only Org Security Admin can make changes to password settings.
To manage your password settings:
- Click your name above the Help center
- Click Organization Admin > Security > Authentication to access
Change password settings
By default, changes to password settings only take effect going forward and do not impact existing passwords. When you change password settings, you have the option to reset all passwords. This will prompt users to set a new password the next time they sign in.
- Minimum password length requirement will default to 16 characters
- Users will be provided a password strength meter when setting their password
- Passwords will be verified that there are no password composition rules limiting the type of characters permitted
- Passwords will be checked against known breached password on login and at the time of setting or resetting a password
Note: All users will be locked out of Workiva after six consecutive failed login attempts within 24 hours. A Workiva admin will be required to issue a password reset.