Note: To transition to the next generation of Wdesk, you need to be on the current licensing model and using Workspaces. Learn More
Video (5 minutes)
Step 1: Check Your System
To make sure you are ready to transition to and use the next generation of Wdesk:
Check your system by running a Wdesk Canary report. Resolve any notifications with your IT team or ask your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Ensure Google Chrome is installed on your computer.
Internet Explorer and other browsers do not support the technology used in the next generation Wdesk and are not recommended for use. See the system requirements for additional information.
Step 2: Prepare to Transition
Here are steps to help you prepare to transition:
- Review the features currently available in the next generation of Wdesk to ensure the features you use are available.
- Set a transition status on classic files to mark which files need to be transitioned and those that don't.
- Check your Classic Documents, Classic Workbooks, and Classic Presentations. Work with your Customer Success Manager for potential recommendations and to check if your files exceed any of these:
- Spreadsheets can include up to 2,000,000 cells
- Links are below 70,000 total – source and destination.
- Prepare your project, Classic Documents, Classic Workbooks, and Classic Presentations:
- Ensure your project contains all documents that are linked. Run the Linked Files Report to see the documents that are linked.
- Close any open comments, and accept or reject tracked changes.
- Run project validation to verify the accuracy and integrity of your Classic Documents and Workbooks, and correct any issues before you transition. If you are using Spreadsheets, you can find issues using Document Health.
- Review additional steps by use case and solution:
SOX / Internal Controls
Step 3: Plan Your Transition
To begin using the next generation of Wdesk, you'll transition your existing classic files and projects. The transition process only applies to one project at a time, and your team can choose when to start. You don't need to transition all your projects at the same time.
As you plan your transition, let your team know what's coming. The following resources are available to help introduce your team to the next generation of Wdesk. You and your team can also sign up for training on Wdesk University to learn how to use the new file types.