In Section 16 data is changed in the context of the form you are editing. Once you have created a form, you are ready to edit information about the reporting owner, transactions, and holdings.
Forms are already built on EDGAR HTML. When you edit a form, the code changes automatically behind the scenes. You do not need to convert Section 16 forms to EDGAR HTML before filing.
Some edits will be made directly on a Section 16 form. Other edits will open a wizard with specific steps. The following are possible edits:
- Edit information about the reporting owner.
- Add transactions. This will open a wizard.
- Edit the transaction or holding, either in place or by entering settings in a dialog box.
- Add footnotes, either typing new ones from scratch or selecting from the footnote library.
- Change the order of transactions or holdings.
- Copy or delete a transaction or holding.
Note: The Live Filed column on the owner's detail page indicates whether a form has been filed. If that column is not displayed, click the ellipsis at the far right to add the column. Forms that have been Live Filed cannot be edited.
Access Editable Fields
To access a form to edit:
- On the Dashboard page, click the name of the reporting owner whose form you want to edit.
- On the owner’s detail page, in the list of forms created or filed for that person, click the name of the unfiled form that you want to edit.
- At the top of the form, click the Edit button.
- Additional buttons appear on the form to provide access to editing options, and the editable areas are highlighted in green.
Edit a Section 16 Form
To edit specific items on a Section 16 form:
- Click in the fields in green to edit them in place, or click a button that corresponds to the type of edits you want to make to use a wizard.
- To reorder a list of multiple transactions, drag to change the location of a transaction.
- Click the Edit icon to open the transaction wizard. There are three tabs in the Edit Transaction wizard, allowing you to edit the transaction, shares owned, price per share, type of transaction, form type, additional coding, deemed execution and transaction timeline. Then choose Save Changes.
- Clicking on the arrow for the drop-down menu for a transaction or holding will open the action menu for the selected item. Depending on the type of entry, this menu may have options to delete the entry, switch the entry type to a holding or transaction, convert to a holding and other entry-specific options. If you need to create a holding, this is best done on the Reporting Owner's page.
- The small number at the end of the title for the transaction or holding indicates which footnote is associated with the transaction. Mouse over the footnote number to open an info tip showing the text of the footnote.
- To add a footnote, hover over data in the form and choose the green icon with the plus sign that appears. This opens the Add Footnote dialog box where you can create, select or reuse footnotes. To learn more about footnotes, see the article Use Footnotes.
- To add additional remarks to a form, scroll to the bottom of the form. Click on the editable green area just below Remarks. Enter your text and choose OK.
To learn more how to review transactions and manage non-reportable transactions, see Manage Transactions.
Sign a Form
When a form is completed and ready for approval, at least one signature is needed for filing. Signatures for your forms should be already stored in your Libraries. For more information, see Signatures Library.
To sign a form:
- Click the +Add Signature button at the bottom of the form. The signing date will be added automatically, defaulting to the date of signing. This can be edited by clicking on the date and making a selection on the calendar that appears.
- Choose the Add Signature button.
To replace the signature of a reporting owner:
- Delete the current signature on the form using the trash can icon next to the signature. Choose Remove in the dialog box.
- Then click on +Add Signature and type in the new signature including the /s/ electronic signature.