As a filer's list of holdings grows, you may need to hide some holdings to increase the visibility of others. Deactivating holdings allows you to hide holdings that will not be added to new forms. These holdings can still be edited on existing unfiled forms.
How to deactivate a holding
To make a holding inactive:
- Click the the Filers tab and then the Reporting Owners subtab. Click the appropriate name from the Reporting Owners list.
- On the individual reporting owner's page, go to their Holdings list. Click the More drop-down menu to the right of the holding you'd like to deactivate. Click Deactivate. This will move the holding from the main holdings list to the Inactive Holdings list.
View inactive holdings
Inactive holdings cannot be added to new forms, but any existing unfiled transaction involving the inactive holding can be edited normally. Attempting to add a new active holding that would duplicate an existing inactive holding will produce an error. If you have extensive inactive holdings, please contact Support.
To view inactive holdings:
- Go to the Holdings section for a specific Reporting owner. Choose View Inactive Holdings from the More menu at the top of the Holdings list.
- Inactive Holdings will now display. Click View Active Holdings to return to the active list.
Reactivate a holding
To reactivate an inactive holding:
- View the Inactive Holdings list under a specific reporting owner.
- Click Activate to the right of the holding name.