From Chains , you can upload and manage text and binary files for use by the environments or connections in your workspace, such as:
- Calculation business rules
- Automation or batch scripts
- Configuration files for connected data sources
- Seeding files such as header template files
To upload and manage resources for the workspace, from Chains , click Build, and select Resources.
Note: Upload only resources needed to enable connections with data sources. Don't store data as resources, except for maybe a small set of 10 records for testing.
To upload a resource to your workspace:
- From Chains , click Build , and select Resources.
- Click Create Resources in the lower right.
- Under Upload Resources, browse to the files to upload, or drag them from your file explorer.
- Click Create.
Editing a Resource
To manage the name or description of a resource or edit a text-based resource:
- Under Workspace resources, click the resource's name.
- To help identify the resource and its intent, update its name or description.
- Under Resource Content, edit the text of the resource as necessary. To select a workspace variable to include in the text, press
CTRL + /.
Note: To update the content of a binary resource, upload a new file to the workspace.
- Click Save.
Tracking a Resource's Audit History
To help track changes, each resource has versioning. To see previous instances of a resource, click its name under Workspace resources, and then click Versions.
Under Version History, you can expand an instance to view its details. To return to the resource to the selected instance, click Revert, Revert, and Save.
Deleting a Resource
If you no longer reference or use a resource within a chain or environment, you can remove it from the workspace. To remove a resource, click its name under Workspace resources, and then click Delete and Delete.
Note: If a chain uses a resource, you can't delete it. To see which chains and commands use a resource, hover over its Delete.