When you have existing data in a workbook, you can use a special copy to move that data and its formatting to a spreadsheet. When your data from a workbook includes source links, you can also move the source links.
Copying Data from a Workbook
With the spreadsheet and existing workbook open:
- Select the data in the workbook, then right-click and select Copy to exclude formatting or use Ctrl + Shift + C (special copy) to include formatting such as cell borders, text formatting, entered- and shown-in, and more.
- Paste the data into the spreadsheet using the normal paste option.
- Click the clipboard to open the Paste menu and make sure Values and Formulas and Apply Formatting are selected.
Note: If you are missing formatting after pasting, try the copy and paste again with a smaller section.
- Manually adjust remaining formatting as needed, such as indents, merged cells, fonts, column widths, and row heights.
Moving Source Links from a Workbook
After you populate the spreadsheet with data from a workbook, you can move the source links.
With the spreadsheet and original workbook open:
- Copy the data from the spreadsheet and paste it back into the original workbook. This signals to Wdesk that you want to make a change to the original source links.
- From the clipboard, select Move Source Links and click Apply.
- Click Continue to confirm that you want to move the source links to the spreadsheet.
- If you are moving a large number of source links, Share changes after every 100 links you move.
Note: Source links cannot be moved from a spreadsheet to a workbook. You can move source links inside the same spreadsheet using cut and paste.